Tuesday, April 11, 2006

wanting a crepe

I just remembered that you really wanted a crepe during my visit last Christmas. You were talking and talking about it. You really wanted a crepe! And I, trying to be a good daughter and friend, I went to get you one. Boy did I fail miserably! Oh, I did! I got you one with chicken and some cheese. Not much dressing 'cause I knew that your stomach couldn't really take it. I brought it home proud of myself that I did well! I really wanted you to enjoy your crepe. It had been a while since the last time you really, really wanted something to eat, so I really, REALLY wanted to deliver!

When we sat down at the dinner table and you opened the box I wanted to just disappear from the face of the earth! You had the most disgusted look on your face when you asked me "what is this?"
I said with a semi trembling, semi frustrated voice, "it's your crepe, what you asked me to bring you." You proceeded to smell it, cut a small piece to taste it, and said "this is not what I had in mind." Then, you just pushed it away...You never ate things that didn't look good to you. Never! Rest assured that this skill, some people will call it flaw, has been passed along! It lives through me! Gosh! You painted a smile on my face! Thanks!

1 comment:

amalia said...

omorfo stigmiotypo!...gemato apo zoi!...xairomai gia to gelio pou synantises. To gelio pou i idia sou xarise ksana.