Sunday, April 09, 2006

already it's been a whole month

He asked me the day before yesterday to tell him a funny story about you; about us; about the times we had together. I couldn't really come up with one right away. I am not sure I can come up with one right now. All I can remember right now is the goodbye we said on January 21st first thing in the morning. All I can remember is the hug we gave each other on that sad morning, that last hug...And right after that I remember you smiling and laughing. I remember you with that particular look on your face telling me that I shouldn't really be saying "mean" things out loud, while at the same time commending me for saying what was crossing your mind as well. You and I were really alike, are really alike. Thinking of mean but funny and well intentioned things to say to the people we love because we really like teasing. You and I really alike, loving our partners but really expecting much from them. You and I are really alike, but my day and age gave me the ability and the opportunity to take more risks and do more of the things we both dreamed about. My God! I had your memorial today. I think you would have liked it!I think you did. I want to ask you a favor; can you let me know if you did? I want to let you be in peace; I want to let you be where you belong; I want to let you go...I love you!

No comments: