Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Decisions that have changed my life

Five years ago amidst a blur from a different cigarette I decided I wanted to do a Masters degree
The university I wanted to go to had to had in it's name the name New York.
I indeed arrived on August 5, 2003
I met this hippieish girl, a little weird but with a great willingness to help me out.
We became friends
A year later, after having been to Cyprus for the entire summer, taking a spontaneous trip to London for three days, letting go of the man I thought I was crazy in love with, and deciding that I want to be with no one, just myself, my degree, and my thoughts, I came back to meet the most wonderful, thoughtful, kind, charming and handsome man I ever met.
Three years later I still believe all these things about him
Three years later I love him more than I ever did, and I have fallen in love with him AGAIN!
Three years later, a simple four later question, and simple one word answer have changed both of our lives.
"Will you marry me?" "Yes"
lots of tears and two smiles that cannot be erased
On the day of the my mom's six month memorial
I don't think I can ever be able to give her a better memorial!
I love you honey, thanks....

1 comment:

fylakas-aggelos said...

Είδες Μαρινάκι παιχνίδια που παίζει η ζωή..... Εκεί που νόμιζες ότι βρήκες τον άντρα της ζωής σου και ήθελες να μείνεις μόνη όλα άλλαξαν..... Είμαι πολύ περήφανος για σένα και πίστευα ότι το 2006 είναι η χειρότερη χρονιά για μένα μετά που έφυγε η Μαμά... εσύ όμως μου το άλλαξες αυτό την Κυριακή....Δεν μου έχουν κάνει ωραιότερο δώρο.... Οχι ψέματα μου έχουν κάνει το ταξίδι στην Ρώμη αλλά αυτό είναι διαφορετικό....Μου έδωσες απίστευτη χαρά όπως βέβαια και σε πολλούς άλλους..... Η Μαμά μας θα μας κοιτάει από ψηλά και θα χαμογελά ..... Σε αγαπώ πολύ....