Tuesday, September 19, 2006

28 years of life

so many lessons
so many experiences
28 years of life
28 years of wisdom?
Last night I was reading the wedding planning book my soon to be mother-in-law sent us
so many responsibilities for the mother of the bride
tears running down my cheeks and a smile for her, 'cause she never really liked rituals that much
and today, today I am imagining to hear her voice, just like I did for the last 28 years
I 'm pretending that I got her card
I 'm actually telling her what presents I got and describe every little detail
I 'm keeping her as close as possible, for 27 and a half years are not easily forgotten
and for today, I know she would not want me to be sad
28, mom, 28
please look down and smile, just as you would if you were right here

1 comment:

fylakas-aggelos said...

Το ξέρω ότι τώρα που ετοιμάζεις τον γάμο σου είναι δύσκολο για σένα χωρίς την Μαμά .... για όλους δηλαδή ....πόσο μάλλον για σένα .... Χτες την είδα ξανά στον ύπνο μου και μου χαμογελούσε ..... πόσο μου λείπει .... πόσο θα’ θελα μια αγκαλιά της και να μου δώσει τις συμβουλές της ... ειδικά τώρα που περνάω ζόρια, που ψάχνω για καινούργια δουλεία .......σε χρειάζομαι Μανούλα δεν είμαι πια τόσο μεγάλος ....σε έχω ανάγκη σε αγαπάω πολύ... Χτες μου έφεραν και τα έπιπλα μου πόσο στεναχωριέμαι που δεν είσαι εδώ να τα δεις είμαι σίγουρος ότι θα σου άρεσαν πολύ .....είναι τόσο πράγματα που θα’ θελα να σου προσφέρω σαν ελάχιστη ευγνωμοσύνη για όλα όσα κάνατε μαζί με τον παπά για μένα ... Σε αγαπώ πολύ και κάθε μέρα προσπαθώ να σε κάνω υπερήφανη ...