Monday, July 17, 2006

fear and joy

I 'm going to Cyprus in a week
First time I will be there since March
First time I will walk in the house I grew up without her waiting for me
When I went there back in March, I was so confused I didn't really know what to expect
Now I know for a fact that she will not be waiting for me
She has been visiting my dreams every single night for the past week and a half
I see her every night and I wake up with a sense of loss
everytime she is either sick or dying and I am trying to make it there on time
but I am always late
I thought I had accepted this horrible misfortune
I thought I was over it
I thought wrong
you know, sometimes when I call home, I still expect to pick up the phone
and today, today she would have been the first to call me to wish me happy name day
instead, the phone is silent
no ringing yet
I know everybody will call
I know she is wishing all the best from where she is
I am so afraid to go home
I am afraid that I will not be strong; that I will break down
I am so afraid that I will not know what to do with myself in the house
I still think that she will be there waiting for me
I miss her terribly and I don't even know how to express it
I sometimes think that all this was just a terrible nightmare that I am going to wake up from very soon
I miss you mom so much it hurts!
I know that if you were here with me you would be very frustrated that I keep saying the same thing over and over again
you would say, I know you miss me! enough! we will not be repeating ourselves over and over again! it loses its meaning if you keep doing that!
I know that's what you would say, and you are right!
for it is with our hearts we love, not with our words
it is with our actions, our brave action we enact love, not with fear

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Name Day!

fylakas-aggelos said...

Πολυαγαπημένη μου αδερφούλα ξέρω τι περνάς γιατί το έχω περάσει και εγώ.. το Πάσχα που έπρεπε να κατέβω Κύπρο... Τις ίδιες ψευδαισθήσεις έχω και εγώ ακόμη και σήμερα... το ξέρω δεν είναι εύκολο πονάει και πονάει πολύ.. πολλές φορές και εγώ νομίζω οτι θα ξυπνήσω από το κακό όνειρο που ζώ από το Μάρτιο και μετά.. αλλά μάταια.. Δανείζομαι απλά τα δικά σου λόγια "πρέπει να είμαστε καλά για τον Παπά" "ο παπάς πονάει πολύ περισσότερο"...μου λείπει και έμενα η μαμά πολύ και για μένα τώρα που θα ξαναπάω πίστεψε με δεν είναι εύκολο...την αγαπώ τόσο πολύ... πρέπει να μάθουμε να ζούμε με τον πόνο αυτό... η απουσία της πάντα θα είναι αισθητή και μεγάλη και τώρα ποια ξέρω καλά ότι ο πόνος δεν θα φύγει ποτέ... απλά θα πρέπει να μάθω να ζω με αυτό...Έχεις δίκαιο η μαμά θα θύμωνε μαζί μας... μας βλέπει απο εκεί ψηλά και χαμογελά ευτυχισμένη μαζί με τον Βασιλάκη της και τους γονείς της.... για το σπουδαίο έργο ζωής που άφησε πίσω της που πρέπει να είναι παράδειγμα για μας για τα παιδία της ε μανουλά καλά τα λέω? η αυλή μας φέτος θα είναι διαφορετική αλλά θα είναι εκεί... Έχω τόσα να θυμάμαι από σένα... Ένα θα σου πω μανούλα μου κάποιος μου είπε οτι η μητέρα σου πρέπει να είναι εξαιρετικός άνθρωπος γιατί βλέπω οτι μαζί σου έχει κάνει πολύ καλή δουλεία... την αγαπώ και εγώ μέσα από σένα...γνωρίζοντας εσένα... όσο για τον πόνο που νιώθεις που δεν μπόρεσες να είσαι εκεί... ήσουν εκεί... θυμάσαι που της μίλησες την Καθαρή Δευτέρα??....πιστέυω ότι πια δεν ήθελα να ήσουν μποστά εσύ... και εγώ που ήμουνα εκεί τον ίδιο πόνο νιώθω που ήμουνα εκεί και δεν μπορούσα να κάνω τίποτα... Αυτό δεν πρόκειται να αλλάξει ποτέ δεν θα το ξεπεράσω ποτέ... πάντα θα νιώθω άσχημα που της άφησα το χέρι... Σε αγαπώ πολύ!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»